The Aims of the Irish Steiner Kindergarten Association are:
- to promote and support the development of Steiner Waldorf Early Childhood Education in Ireland
- to act as an effective representative body for professionals working in Steiner Waldorf Early Childhood Education
- to support and promote the provision of sessional, full daycare and other childcare and family support services of the highest quality as an integral part of a continuum of community care for children
- to establish and develop a range of training programmes for professional childcare practitioners
- to provide professional in-service training programmes for members
- to work in collaboration with other organisations and agencies to promote high quality, affordable childcare services in the community.
ISKA was formed in 1992 as a forum for the professional development of its members. Membership was restricted to those currently working with young children in a Steiner Kindergarten and, in this way, the work of the Association was focussed and consisted largely of regular meetings of childcare professionals addressing issues of direct interest to them in their work. At this time there was very little interest in outside in the work of the Association and, while Steiner education was widely recognised internationally, there was slow but steady growth of the Association in Ireland.
ISKA, Main Street, Mountshannon, Co. Clare, Ireland tel/fax: (089) 2411816, email: email@example.com The Irish Steiner Kindergarten Association is a registered charity: CHY13704
Funded by the Irish Government under the National Development Plan 2007-2013